Monday, September 10, 2012

Aborting The First Born

"The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically.  Why?  Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children."
    ̴  Robert G. "Bob" Marshall, Virginia Delegate (i.e., State legislator)

Because I'm a feminist and because the abortion issue is really all about the oppression of women, in all good conscience I must disagree with whatever Bob Marshall has to say.  He's a total jerk, a real primo fuckwad, and I have no reason to trust his statistics (if, indeed, he has any).  But I gotta admit that I do love a part of the wacky way that these conservative Republicans think.  The idea of nature punishing specifically chosen kids is just so great.  It's much more interesting than any explanatory medical details could ever be.

Bob Marshall's worldview is like believing in Zeus or Ra or some shit. It's full-on kooky!  It really is fascinating and I think that maybe I want to believe it.

When dinosaurs like Bob Marshall die out, our culture will see a net gain but, still, we'll have lost something precious.  The lore may carry evil and ignorance (indeed, the lore may have been born itself of evil and ignorance), and yet it is our heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors